"I could give you my word as a Spaniard."
"No good. I've known too many Spaniards."
I was fortunate enough to tag along with Greg to Spain (business for him). We've been to Barcelona previously, and we're fans.
Or wandering through ancient Roman architecture, losing yourself in the mazed passageways of Barri Gotic, allowing yourself to succumb to the wafting smells of tiny restaurants and dimly lit antique shops.
Spaniards are fascinating to me anyway, but the barcelonians are a little different and hard to just group with the rest of the country. This happens with other regions too, of course.
What I like about barcelonians ...
- they tend to be friendlier than other European cultures
- they're social people and enjoy all kinds of interactions, whether it's chatting over a coffee or sharing tapas
- they're very culturally inclined, surrounding themselves with great design
- they love their dogs - a bunch
- they speak both Catalan and Spanish, in most cases
- they don't get a lot of sleep (seeing as dinner time starts around 10 pm...)
- they love to eat!
Yep, Barcelona is a pretty enjoyable place to hang out. And I think if a resident there gave me their word as a Spaniard, I'd be inclined to believe them!