I needed something other than a smoothie for breakfast. Searching through the fridge, I spotted a sweet potato and some Cheddar. Hatch chiles are always in good supply in the freezer, and I'd picked up some yummy Hatch onions too. With mushrooms and turkey bacon on hand, it just seemed like a good idea.
Cheesy Sweet Potato Mushroom Hatch-adilla
- 1/2 a small to medium sweet potato
- Scant 1/4 cup of sharp Cheddar, grated
- About 2 Tbsp. of diced Hatch chile onion (or green onion)
- 3 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 a small Hatch chile, roasted and diced small
- 1 piece of turkey bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 Tbsp. of your favorite bbq or jerk sauce
- Two flour tortillas (get the ones made in-store)
Punch tiny holes in sweet potato and cook in microwave (5 mins. on full power for a smaller one). Let it cool a bit.
In large fry pan, put a little coconut oil (or spray) and saute mushrooms and onions just slightly, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
Build your quesadilla by spreading on a little bbq sauce, then placing in the pan. Now pile on flat spoonfuls of sweet potato. Dot with mushrooms and onions, Hatch chile, turkey bacon and Cheddar. Spread remaining sauce on the other enchilada. Put the top on, and toast your enchilada, flipping once carefully.
Enjoy - it's a little weird but really yummy!