Saturday, April 7, 2012

iPhone App Fatigue!

Pick an app, any app!
Like most iPhone neophytes a mere 90 days into the Apple iOS Vulcan mind meld, I am beginning to experience the weariness of iAF; iPhone App Fatigue. As of yet, this condition has not been covered in the WedMD iPhone app, but it must surely be coming soon? And what category would such an ailment be found? My guess is that it will be somewhere between an obsessive disorder and an addiction, probably both. 

Soon we will see iAA meetings being held in every corner of the Apple universe. Perhaps I should develop an iPhone app called Attend an iAA Meeting? I could ask Siri to introduce me to my virtual fellow app addicts, "Hi, my name is Greg and I am an appaholic!" Imagine this announcement being followed by a flurry of iMessages saying, "Hi, Greg!" Or maybe the sudden onslaught of simultaneous Facetime, or better yet, Skype app sessions? Or impromptu videos transmitted to me on the Socialcam app and shout-outs over the HeyTell app? Then all the aforementioned getting posted to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with instant verification through a quick tap on their respective iPhone app icons. 

App Store Icon
All of this is making me hungry and forcing me to use my Yelp app, my Urban Spoon app or my After Dark app to find something close or I could simply order a pizza from the Domino's app. Better yet, I will look at my Foursquare app to find a "friend" in the area whom I can surprise with my presence, completely unannounced; maybe even steal their Mayorship to boot. WAIT, I have the new Buffalo Wild Wings app, which is useful in helping me find the closest BW3 restaurant to my current location, which I can verify with my Google Maps app! But being the electronically enabled diner that I am, I should really use the Open Table app to reserve a nice restaurant with the perfect ambiance befitting a sophisticated eater such as myself. Then again, why just look for food when the Happy Hours app can add refreshing beverages to the experience; and at a discount?

The app store is not my friend. It is the modern day "electronic form" serpent in today's Garden of Eden. "Come take a bite of this Apple and unlock the power of all knowledge," it will tease. It leads me to the the very doorstep of dependence that requires me to abandon all critical thinking skills. And it is exercise free! It is dumbing me down to a level where I actually believe that if there is not an app for it, then it is neither valuable nor legitimate. My world is systematically being reduced to a 2"X5" touch screen footprint and yet I go willingly.

My only salvation lies in the fact that all these apps are making me tired. iAF has set in even with all the promise of an easy app enabled life. Perhaps I can order some sleep aid from my Walgreens app and get a good night's rest? I can ease myself to sleep with a nice smooth jazz playlist on iTunes and then wake tomorrow refreshed knowing that I can check the weather in my 100 favorite places, read news from thousands of sources, update my status on Facebook, tweet my breakfast selection for the day and play a nice invigorating game of Angry Birds; all with a few effortless taps on a glass screen!

How did we survive before?

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. This is really funny - and why I told you the apple users drink the kool-aid. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks https://iphoneappdevelopmentcompany.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. device mockups

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually together with my friends have been following the best hints from your web site and instantly came up with an awful suspicion I never thanked you to get them. tipandroid

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing. iphone xcases

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...